Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Prayers calms my heart



This is true.


Prayers does not have to be a long stream of words or filled with complicated words. Sometimes when I hear people pray I find myself having thoughts such as 'Oh wow, why can't I find words like that when speaking to God? This is exactly how I feel and what I want to tell him!". Then I remind myself that keeping my heart open and allowing the Lord to transform me is the most important thing for me to focus on, not necessarily the words my prayers are wrapt in. For Christ knows me better than I even know myself. In simplicity prayers is talking to God with an open heart and honesty and in order to be close to God and to truly know Him, we need to pray.


Prayers often comes when you are in a tough spot or you feel you need something. Prayers should come easily and come often. I need to be better about remembering this. Not to find 'a time of the day when I have time' and try to schedule God into my day for prayer. God shouldn't be in the beginning of my day, or in the end of it. God should be in every part of my day. So I want to be better about frequent prayers. Even if they are short. I believe talking to the King of Kings makes me closer and allows for me to keep my heart my pure. Jesus Christ died on the cross for me, for my sins. The least I can do is tell Him often how grateful I am. How much I love him! 




This week I will be better about praying when taking a walk. Praying when I am sitting here with nothing to do and wondering what to do next. Praying when I take a short break from reading my favorite book, when I do one of my drawings or when I play with my little siblings. Prayer will improve your relationship with God. What better way to build a relationship but through communication? God is more than willing to listen and He will respond with love and concern. Perhaps not in the way you ask or in the way you even think you need. But he will respond. Sometimes the answer is yes. Sometimes it is a perhaps or you need to wait, you need to be patient. Sometimes it is no. Whatever the answer is, God always knows what is best for you. 



1John 5:13-15
 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.



God created us to have free will and he wants us to come to him willingly. Praying is a part of this. We have been given our minds to make decisions and the most important decision you will ever make is about your own eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment